The Accredited Snow Contractors Association is a trade association with the purpose of advancing the professional snow and ice management industry and to promote its role in performing high-risk services to society including:
- Providing educational programs and publications in all aspects of snow and ice management, finance, business management, marketing and other specialized areas of professional interest;
- Conducting meetings and other programs designed to promote the exchange of ideas among members and to facilitate the conduct of their business;
- Collecting and disseminating information pertaining to the snow and ice management industry, including statistical data and other statistical research;
- Developing and maintaining professional accreditation programs to encourage high standards for snow and ice management professionals;
- Advocating the interest of the snow and ice management industry to local, state/provincial, federal and international governmental bodies;
- Advocating the interests of the snow and ice management industry to insurance companies and allied associations.
Who is ASCA?
The Accredited Snow Contractors Association is a trade association founded by GIE Media, Inc., owners of Snow Magazine. ASCA members are snow and ice management businesses, suppliers of snow and ice equipment, subcontractors performing snow and ice services, and other allied to the field.
ASCA was formed with purpose of advancing the professional snow and ice management industry and promote its role in performing high-risk services for society.
ASCA was created in conjunction with Snow Magazine’s success in securing a contractor friendly insurance program for snow and ice professionals. ASCA is needed to help manage the insurance program and to provide the appropriate education to ensure snow contractors are practicing industry standards set forth by the association to ensure the insurance program is successful. In addition to, representing the industry with the insurance world, another main function of ASCA will be to represent the industry with local, state and federal governments and bring fairness to the laws.